Free Checking Account in Texas
WaFd Bank now features free checking accounts at all of our Texas locations. From Dallas to Denton and everywhere in-between, visit a branch near you today to learn about the advantages of WaFd Bank’s free checking accounts and how we can help you get a head start on your financial future.
Everything you need in a Free* Checking account:
- No minimum balance*
- No monthly maintenance fees**
- Access to 32,000 Fee Free ATMS
- Online Banking
- Bill Pay & External Transfers
- Mobile Banking
- Person-to-Person Payments
- MyTransfer Available
Balance and Deposit Requirements:
- Only $25 initial deposit to open
- No minimum balance required
*Requires eStatement registration and direct deposit.
**Overdraft/returned item fees may apply.
Manage your banking 24/7
- Enjoy no-fee bill pay.
- Mobile check deposit.
- Person-to-person payments with Zelle®.
- Easy transfers between your accounts.
- Access to our innovative MoneySync budgeting and management tool.
This is how money moves®
Introducing Zelle® — a fast, safe and easy way to send money to your friends, family and associates in minutes2, right from the WaFd Bank mobile app.
Send your cousin the gift of money without needing to mail a check, or quickly pay your friend back for covering your dinner last night. Just open the WaFd Bank mobile app and get started!
Enroll in Online Banking
- Pay bills online or with your smart phone.
- Check your balance, view transactions and transfer money.
- Deposit a check with your smart phone.
- Pay a friend with Person-to-Person transfers with Zelle®.
- Deposit funds on your schedule at our smart ATMs.
Switch to WaFd Bank
Switch your account to WaFd in 4 easy steps
- Open a WaFd Bank checking account Online or at the branch nearest you.
- Use our Switch Organizer to list all your automatic deposits and transactions.
- Switch your direct deposits and automatic withdrawals by sending out our Easy Switch Form.
- Close your old checking account using our Account Closure Request Form.
Enjoy your new WaFd Bank Account!
2Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle®. Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient's email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle®.
Looking for More?
Whether you’re on the look out for Identity Theft Monitoring, Shopping Rewards, Discounts. Check out what WaFd Bank’s other checking options.