WaFd Bank Homeowner Assistance Programs
We're committed to helping our customers impacted by emergency events such as COVID-19
Mortgage Payment Deferral Program: This homeowners assistance program allows monthly mortgage payments to be deferred for three months. (Please note that second homes, rental properties, home equity lines of credit (HELOCs), custom construction loans, lot loans, and other personal loans are not eligible for this program).
Your mortgage payments will continue to be due and any automatic payments scheduled through WaFd Bank will continue to process until a signed modification agreement is received for those applications that have been approved. If you wish to suspend automatic payments prior to then, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-453-9710 and we will arrange for automatic payments to be suspended for 90 days with no fee.
This is an unprecedented situation, and we're doing everything we can for those impacted.
Like most of you, many of our associates are working from home to care for themselves and their families. We ask for your understanding if you hear a child or pet in the background and appreciate your patience if you experience longer wait times or we need to transfer your call to better help you.
Additional Options for Homeowners
WaFd Bank's Homeowner Assistance Department is here to assist our mortgage customers faced with financial difficulty. There are programs that allow homeowners to stay in their homes by providing temporary changes to their monthly payment, by adjusting the interest rate or other terms of the loan. Some of the possible options that may be available to you are:
- Refinance: You may be able to refinance your loan with us or another lender.
- Modification of your Existing Loan: You may be able to adjust your current loan terms with us.
- Sale of your home: You may be able to sell your home and satisfy your mortgage, even if the sale price is less than your current loan balance.
- Deed-in-Lieu of Foreclosure: You may be released from your mortgage if you transfer ownership of your home to WaFd Bank.
Below you will find our application and a list of documents required. There may be additional documents or information requested upon review of your application. If you are unable to print the forms linked below, contact us and we will mail them to you.
- Homeowner Assistance Application, fully completed and signed
- Questionnaire and Acknowledgment, fully completed and signed
- A letter detailing the financial difficulties and the assistance requested (“hardship letter”)
- Pay stubs, if applicable, for the prior two months
- All W-2’s received for the prior year
- All bank and investment account statements, not including retirement accounts, for the prior two months
- Prior two (2) years signed tax returns with all schedules, if self employed
- Past two year end and year to date financial statements (profit and loss and balance sheet) for any entities owned by the borrowers, if applicable
To proceed with an application or if you have any questions, you may email email@example.com, call 1-866-453-9710, or contact your local WaFd Bank branch. If you are ready to send an application at this time, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a secure link to send electronically, mail the information to the address below, or drop off the package at your local WaFd Bank branch.
Attn: Homeowner Assistance Department
425 Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98101
For additional help in exploring your options, the Federal government provides a list of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) approved, nonprofit, home ownership counseling organizations: