COVID-19 Mortgage Assistance Program
WaFd Bank is pleased to provide an assistance program specifically designed for homeowners impacted by the
Coronavirus that allows monthly mortgage payments to be deferred for three months. Please note that home equity
credit (HELOCs), custom construction loans, lot loans without a monthly principal and interest payment, and
other personal loans are not eligible for this program.
To apply, please complete the required application by clicking on:
If you are unable to complete the application through this link, please contact us at email@example.com for alternative options.
We will review your application and follow up as soon as possible to let you know if we need anything further or
If you have any questions or need assistance with the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 453-9710.
Other Options for Homeowner Assistance
WaFd Bank’s Homeowner Assistance Department is here to assist our mortgage customers faced with financial
difficulty. There are programs that allow homeowners stay in their homes by providing temporary changes to their
monthly payment, by adjusting the interest rate or other terms of the loan. There are also options for
homeowners that no longer wish to keep their home. Some of the possible options that may be available to you
- Refinance: You may be able to refinance your loan with us or another lender.
- Modification of your Existing Loan: You may be able to adjust your current loan terms with
- Sale of your home: You may be able to sell your home and satisfy your mortgage, even if the
sale price is less than your current loan balance.
- Deed-in-Lieu of Foreclosure: You may be released from your mortgage if you transfer
ownership of your home to WaFd Bank.
To proceed with an application or obtain additional information, you may contact your local WaFd Bank branch,
call (866) 453-9710, or email email@example.com.
Below is a list of documents required for an application. There may be additional documents or information
requested upon review of your application. If you are unable to print the forms linked below, contact us and we
will mail them to you.
- Homeowner Assistance
Application, fully completed and signed
- Questionnaire and
Acknowledgment, fully completed and signed
- A letter detailing the financial difficulties and the assistance requested (“hardship letter”)
- Pay stubs, if applicable, for the prior two months
- All W-2’s received for the prior year
- All bank and investment account statements, not including retirement accounts, for the prior two months
- Prior two (2) years signed tax returns with all schedules, if self employed
- Past two year end and year to date financial statements (profit and loss and balance sheet) for any entities
owned by the borrowers, if applicable
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a
secure link to send the information electronically or mail the information to the below address:
Attn: Homeowner Assistance Department
425 Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98101
For additional help in exploring your options, the Federal government provides a list of Housing and Urban
Development (HUD) approved, nonprofit, home ownership counseling organizations:
United States Department of Housing and Urban
Toll-free: (800) 569-4287