Free Checking Account in Washington
WaFd Bank now features free checking accounts at all of our Washington locations. From Seattle to Kirkland to Everett and everywhere in-between, visit a branch near you today to learn about the advantages of WaFd Bank’s free checking accounts and how we can help you get a head start on your financial future.
Everything you need in a Free Checking account:
- No minimum balance
- No monthly maintenance fees*
- Access to 37,000 Fee Free ATMS
- Online Banking
- Bill Pay & External Transfers
- Mobile Banking
- Person-to-Person Payments
- MyTransfer Available
Balance and Deposit Requirements:
- Only $25 initial deposit to open
- No minimum balance required
*Additional fees may apply.
Manage your banking 24/7
- Enjoy no-fee bill pay.
- Mobile check deposit.
- Person-to-person payments with Zelle®.
- Easy transfers between your accounts.
- Access to our innovative online budgeting and management tool.
This is how money moves®
Introducing Zelle® — a fast, safe and easy way to send money to your friends, family and associates in minutes2, right from the WaFd Bank mobile app.
Free online banking with Zelle®.
Send your cousin the gift of money without needing to mail a check, or quickly pay your friend back for covering your dinner last night. Just open the WaFd Bank mobile app and get started!
Enroll in Online Banking
- Pay bills online or with your smart phone.
- Check your balance, view transactions and transfer money.
- Deposit a check with your smart phone.
- Pay a friend with Person-to-Person transfers with Zelle®.
- Deposit funds on your schedule at our smart ATMs.
Switch to WaFd Bank
Switch your account to WaFd in 4 easy steps
- Open a WaFd Bank checking account Online or at the branch nearest you.
- Use our Switch Organizer to list all your automatic deposits and transactions.
- Switch your direct deposits and automatic withdrawals by sending out our Easy Switch Form.
- Close your old checking account using our Account Closure Request Form.
Enjoy your new WaFd Bank Account!
2Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle®. Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient's email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle®.
Looking for More?
Whether you’re on the look out for Identity Theft Monitoring, Shopping Rewards, Discounts. Check out what WaFd Bank’s other checking options.