Ready to lower your payment or tap into your home equity?
Your neighborhood loan officer can help you get started
The Refinance Roadmap
Your lender will submit your final documentation to the underwriter for final approval. The underwriter follows the 3 C’s:
- Credit History
- Cash Flow / Income
- Cash & Liquid Assets
- Type of Property & Occupancy
- Loan to Value
Frequently Asked Questions
Mortgage refinancing can save you tens of thousands of dollars. If you're not strapped for cash, be sure to have a plan in place for the money you save from refinancing.
- Will you invest in your child's education?
- Do you plan to prepay your mortgage so you can pay off your loan early?
- Are you going to add your monthly savings into a 401(K) or another retirement savings account?
Be sure to run some financial calculations to see just how much you can save, and have a plan in place for your savings to get the most out of your mortgage refinance.
* To qualify for the maximum $600 discount, before closing documents are prepared you must (1) have or open the WaFd checking account, (2) register for EZ-Pay from the new checking account, and (3) sign up for direct deposit of at least one form of a monthly recurring source of income.