Owning a home is more than just hype; an affordable home is the gateway to long-term and short-term financial success.
Long-term, you'll build equity you can use in the future and short-term, you'll be able to enjoy potential tax deductions and pay yourself instead of paying rent. Plus, WaFd Bank is a Portfolio Lender, which means that we're here with you for the life of your loan.
Ready for a smart start? Meet with a WaFd Mortgage Banker to find out how we can help you get into your first home.
- Only 3% down payment required
- $5000 grant available for down payment*
- No mortgage insurance (PMI) required*
- We pay the appraisal fee*
Use grant funds toward your down payment, closing costs, or to buy down your interest rate to lower your monthly payments.
- Credit score 640 and above
- Household income limits apply
- Must be used for purchase of primary residence
- Application required for grant.* Appraisal fee is waived only for approved grant recipients
- Gift funds, seller contributions and down payment assistant program funds allowed
All loans subject to credit approval, additional terms and conditions may apply.
*Grant funds are not guaranteed. Restrictions apply.
Understanding WaFd Bank's Smart Start Home Loan (Down Payment Assistance Program)
Learn how our Smart Start Down Payment Assistance Program works for low-to-moderate income individuals and/or families and how you can receive a $5,000 grant towards your down payment.Read Article